||[Nov. 20th, 2008|08:48 pm]
maryiodith What I've eaten... stolen from |
Here's what I want you to do:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you've eaten.
3) Mark any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here with the link to your blog with you
answers, I would love to see what's bolded on your list and post a comment
at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results (so far there are over
This will be amusing to show how much I royally SUCK at being a
The Omnivore's Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos Rancheros
4. Steak tartare - I don't do raw or undercooked meat
5. Crocodile - I totally want to!
6. Black pudding - Won't do blood, either
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari - Can't make myself
12. Pho - Pho Ga. please!
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - Cherry is the best!
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream - I assume Spumoni counts
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries - We used to have grapes, currents, gooseberries, and mulberries in our yard.
23. Foie gras - I don't do organ meat, either.
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - I don't wanna burn my tongue off.
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda - I'd like to try it, though
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi - I've only had mango and strawberry lassis
34. Sauerkraut - ew
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat - Hahaha, I tried some in Jamaica!
42. Whole insects
44. Goat's milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala - Any time I possibly can, I will eat this.
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald's Big Mac Meal - I don't do McDonald's
56. Spaetzle - Sounds up my alley, though
57. Dirty gin martini - uck
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine - Sorry, Spring, still haven't.
60. Carob chips
63. Kaolin - I'm assuming I've ingested this as a pesticide, though not on purpose.
66. Frogs' legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - I will do much for a funnel cake.
69. Fried plantain - Mmmmmm
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill - Um, ew.
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom Yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee